Monday, 28 April 2008

Unrealised Project Number 1

Following on from the previous post, everybody in the UK photographs the local shops at some point - a commentary on the overwhelming power of the big 5 supermarkets or something or other, it's the UK equivalent of photographing overpasses in Germany or suburban no-man-lands in North America.

I started but I never quite finished - I still like my portrait of Mrs A., keeper of the local shop when we lived in Grosvenor Place. It's one of my darlings, as is Mrs A. herself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always liked this and thought it had more potential for a bigger piece of work.
How about starting it up again?

Tadhg

colin pantall said...

Hi Tadhg:

Maybe, sometime, but I think the reason I like it is because it's Mrs A, who is a very special person, and the picture Mrs A is holding - it's of Mr A who had died a year before.

I did a few of these, and sometimes themes or ideas emerge that lead you in a certain direction - but I don't think that happened here. Or maybe I just didn't pursue it enough. I'm not sure which.

Oh - and it reminds me of one of the few jokes I know.

Q: What's yellow and sings?
A: John Lemon.

Featured post

"I still don't understand why it didn't just end here"

I saw a Twitter post with the picture of Trump mocking a reporter with cerebral palsy. "I still don't understand why it didn'...