Tuesday, 2 September 2008

The Laughing Prince


Welcome back after the British Summer.

The only thing that kept me going through the wind and the rain was this Q&A from Slovenia's very own Prince of Laughter, Slavoj Zizek. All round miserabilist and everyone's favourite cultural commentator, Slavoj rates the Sound of Music as his favourite film, Father Ted as his favourite TV series and Bruce Weber as his favourite photographer (something might be true in there, but I'm not quite sure what).


What is your earliest memory?

My mother naked. Disgusting.


Aside from a property, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?

The new German edition of the collected works of Hegel.


What do you owe your parents?

Nothing, I hope. I didn't spend a minute bemoaning their death.


What is the worst job you've done?

Teaching. I hate students, they are (as all people) mostly stupid and boring.



Read it all here.



picture: Colin Pantall



No comments:

Featured post

Thanks for the Memories, Gazebook Sicily!

Gazebook was fantastic! If you don't know it, it's a festival that takes place in the small town of Punta Secca on the south ...