Thursday, 20 November 2008

Robbie Cooper and the Pollards



















The story of David and Amy Pollard (Amy pictured first with David, then the virtual Amy (as Laura Skye)) reminds me of Robbie Cooper's Alter Ego - Avatars and their Creators and the different motivations he found in the gamers he photographed and interviewed.

I interviewed Robbie last year for the BJP. This is how his interest in gamers began.



“I used to play Pong, then Space Invaders and Asteroids,” says Cooper, “so I have always been interested in video games. A few years ago, I was doing a corporate shoot and the head of the company was getting divorced and didn’t have good access to his kids. A lot of his contact with them came through a virtual reality game. The talked online about the game, but also about everyday things like school and homework. I was fascinated by that interaction between the real and fantasy life.”


Full text here.

No comments:

Featured post

Thanks for the Memories, Gazebook Sicily!

Gazebook was fantastic! If you don't know it, it's a festival that takes place in the small town of Punta Secca on the south ...