Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Rough Trade


































































































































Rough Trade turns 30 this week, and a trundle through my old records reveals of their releases by The Raincoats, Spizzoil and Monochrome Set.

Also in there are some other (non-Rough Trade) blasts from the past, including the great Family Fodder ("Why you getting that when you could get the Pistols?").

What's not to like when you have lyrics along the lines of, "I'm so happy with my life, there's times I feel fungus growing on me" and "My baby takes valium, it's a bad habit she learned from her mum".

England in 1979, I'm feeling all nostalgic, it's coming round again.

1 comment:

Mark Page said...

To right mate, everyone's worrying about recession I've been broke my whole life, bring it on!

Featured post

Thanks for the Memories, Gazebook Sicily!

Gazebook was fantastic! If you don't know it, it's a festival that takes place in the small town of Punta Secca on the south ...