Monday, 4 May 2009

How not to Photograph: The Last Post

picture: Colin Pantall - The Photographer and the Subconscious Portfolio Review

There are so many more posts in the How Not to Photograph series; Night Timezzzzzz, Long Exposures, Double Exposures, Multiple Exposures, Self Exposures, Look at the Quality, Don't Look at the Quality There Isn't Any, Functional Family Values, Me-Myself-I, My Addiction and Me, My Body and Me, It's Not About You it's About Me, My Beautiful Pictures, I Really Should Get Out More Parts 8-22 and my own personal favourite If Velasquez Had a Camera He Would Be Me.

But I'm feeling kind of lazy and I've got a bonfire to burn so you'll all have to fill in the gaps.

Happy Snapping and thanks for all your visits, comments and encouragement.

7 comments:

Drew said...

Thanks Colin,
for a great series of articles. I'm sorry to see them end; they've been informative and sometimes hit uncomfortably close to what I do with my camera! Best of luck...

Gustaf Erikson said...

Thanks a lot Colin! Your series of posts have been thought-provoking in a way unusual for writing about photography. As @Drew mentioned, it cuts uncomfortably close to home in my photography.

colin pantall said...

Thanks Drew and Gustaf. Glad it hits the spot.

Rob Hann said...

Great series, a good set of warning signs for all of us. However it will be good to return to being a bit more upbeat!

Mark Page said...

FOR SALE, Various bits of photography kit. All resonable offers accepted. Genuine reason for sale....... Colin Pantall's blog. I bloody knew I should have picked painting.........

Dustin Shum said...

Thank you so much Colin! A very inspiring journey! Ironically those "not to" works you mentioned in your series are among the most popular in the art world.

J. Wesley Brown said...

Aw, man. And I was just about to suggest "Shoot portraits with available light on bed"

Glad to see you're back blogging.

Featured post

"I still don't understand why it didn't just end here"

I saw a Twitter post with the picture of Trump mocking a reporter with cerebral palsy. "I still don't understand why it didn'...