Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Interview with Gerhard Steidl

A quote from Gerhard Steidl in an interview for Photography Now, translated by Joerg at Conscientious. Read it all here.


 

"On the other hand, I find it terrible when someone sends me a PDF or an bound dummy made from crummy digital prints. I'm not interested in that. Those are all the same: The same paper, the same printing, the same binding. I'm not old-fashioned, but it is going into the wrong direction if the bookmaking technique orients itself towards the contents on the screen. Because making books really means to take the information out of the contents on the screen, and to rework it in a physical way."

No comments:

Featured post

"I still don't understand why it didn't just end here"

I saw a Twitter post with the picture of Trump mocking a reporter with cerebral palsy. "I still don't understand why it didn'...