Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Amar, Akbar, Anthony



The picture I posted on Monday by JR of a rabbi, imam and priest reminds me of Amar, Akbar, Anthony; a classic 1970s Hindi film where 3 brothers get separated and are brought up by a Hindu, Muslim and Christian.





If you like this kind of thing, you can see the whole film on youtube (if you really like this kind of thing, you can buy the DVD). And if you like this kind of thing a little bit, but not 3 hours worth, just check the two songs out.   There's Rishi Kapoor in a green elf suit singing Parda Hai Parda, a song about taking off the veil ( check out the camp stoner Qawwali band and random two girls sitting behind the bad Muslim dad) and Amitabh Bachchan jumping out of an Easter egg to channel Rishi Kapoor's dad in the glorious My Name is Anthony Gonsalves. And if you don't like this kind of thing at all, ah well...

No comments:

Featured post

"I still don't understand why it didn't just end here"

I saw a Twitter post with the picture of Trump mocking a reporter with cerebral palsy. "I still don't understand why it didn'...