Friday, 24 February 2012

Tory Cumfaces




I enjoyed talking to Mishka Henner today about his intriguing new book Less Americains for a piece in the BJP. It's a great book that touches on so many things, combining old ways of working with old ways of how exactly we look at photos. More on that at a later date but in the meantime Mishka mentioned how we need to expand Photography into more vernacular uses, how we need to look at wider uses of photography and perhaps integrate these into our practice.

So with that in mind, I stumbled on these Tory Cumfaces. Enoch Powell proves that black and white still has a place in the new photographic order, but I'm still waiting for a decent Jacob Rees-Mogg though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Baroness Thatcher is clearly taken at a funeral - she looks grief-stricken to me. Whilst I can see that this is light-hearted, I also think it shows poor judgment on your part.

colin pantall said...

Yes, I think you're right - this is somebody else's edit though.

I don't think the whole thing is entirely light-hearted though.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, much better - now it is comical. Thank you.

Featured post

Thanks for the Memories, Gazebook Sicily!

Gazebook was fantastic! If you don't know it, it's a festival that takes place in the small town of Punta Secca on the south ...