Thursday, 6 December 2012

Best Books of 2012





 
It's Best books of 2012 Listorama in both the BJP and Photo Eye. I have a bit of a hate love thing with lists, but this year the love won ( aka I was asked) and so I have a list in there. Some seriously good books in there with ( based on a true story) top of the pile just for being so cool. But Billy Monk has the best pictures and The Present is best of a series, Less Americains has the best art history roots (and is the most provocative), Sasha wins the teenage narrative prize, Lebensmittel has the best pairings, A Possible Life and The Altogether the best page turning/cutting design, Live Through This explodes through the intensity ratings, A Girl and Her Room is the best in the world of interiors.
And just in case you missed it, here is Blake Andrews' Best Books list from last year. 

2 comments:

Chris Kirby Photography Review said...

Hello Colin,

I notice that you have omitted from your 'list' Christina de Middel's much lauded Afronaughts... I just wonder why?

Photography books are as much about design, layout and tactile feel as the visual... (a personal view).

I enjoy your blog and writings.

My blog out of interest is:
http://chriskirbyblog.blogspot.co.uk

Have a good Xmas,

Chris Kirby

colin pantall said...

It is not on the list because I am not that mad keen on the whole African sci-fi thing which has proliferated over the last few years, nor on the Fontcuberta take on the world which leaves me a bit lacking, but mostly because I don't have a copy!

Featured post

"I still don't understand why it didn't just end here"

I saw a Twitter post with the picture of Trump mocking a reporter with cerebral palsy. "I still don't understand why it didn'...