Thursday, 18 April 2013

Susan Sontag's Grave








In this week of Thatcher's funeral I thought I had better put something light on the blog, so here are some gravestones from the Montparnasse Cemetery in Paris. We never did find Man Ray, but we did find Susan Sontag, Serge Gainsbourg and Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre (the anniversary of his death was on 15th April and even in death he still haunts poor Simone).

Best of all we found a grave which had a sculpture of a fish with breasts - with the inscription "Il fait son choix d'anchois et dîne d'une sardine" which, with my bad French, is something to with the deceased's taste in women rather than fish I think. 


No comments:

Featured post

"I still don't understand why it didn't just end here"

I saw a Twitter post with the picture of Trump mocking a reporter with cerebral palsy. "I still don't understand why it didn'...